Friday, August 8, 2014

Book to Movie Adaptions!

I love it when I find out that a book that I have read is turning into a movie and these are my favorite book to movie adaptions and also some book to movie adaptions that I am really excited for. And other book to movie adaption things I want to talk about


Picture: Source


1. Harry Potter
Let's start with the obvious and every book worms favorite movies. Favorite weekends of the year: Harry Potter weekend on ABC family. I honestly stay home all weekend on those days and binge watch Harry Potter movies one right after another. Because why not...

2. Twilight
I have mixed feelings for these movies and yeah that's pretty much all I have to say about that

3. Hunger Games
LOVE these movies! I especially loved the second movie because WOW those special effects were amazing! I think it's following the books really well and I'm super excited for the Mockingjay movies to come out! Yes, movies, plural because everyone is making the last book into two parts.

4. Divergent
When I first saw the trailer for this movie I freaked out because this was my favorite book for the longest time because it's amazing! I had really high expectations for the movie and whenever that happens I am pretty disappointed but I liked this movie not loved though because it completely left out Edward and Uriah like WHAT?! They are huge parts of the second book so I wanna see how they incorporate that. Ok I'm done ranting about that, but some website released the scene where Edward gets stabbed in the eye with a fork in the first movie and it made me happy that they actually made that scene but didn't put it in the movie.

5. The Great Gatsby
I had to read this book for my English class and whenever I have to read a book for my English class I just think UGHH WHY!? But I really enjoyed the book and I thought the movie was so amazing!

6. Warm Bodies
I thought the movie was cute and I love Nicholas Hoult so I was partial to that. But I actually haven't read the book so I can't really compare and such

7. The Fault in Our Stars
AMAZING. This movie was so good and followed the book so well and I brought a box of tissues with me to the theater and I used a substantial amount of them during the movie.

8. The Host
I really didn't like this movie. I thought it was weird but I feel like I would probably like it better if I had read the book soooo yeah..

9. Delirium (Pilot)
There was a pilot that was created for this book and wow it was really bad. I have so many bad feelings for this pilot but I loved this book so much and they basically tried to cram the entire book within 45 minutes.

10. The Book Thief
I haven't seen the movie or read the book but I just feel like I needed to include this because everyone I know says it's great so ok

Upcoming Book to Movie Adaptations!
1. The Giver
I remember reading this book in grade school so long ago and I have a short review of the trailer and here is the link!
http://thebibliophilebookshelf.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-giver-movie-trailer-review.html

2. If I Stay
The trailer for this movie looks so amazing but I didn't really like the book that much but don't hate me because I will more than likely see the movie when it comes out.

3. The Maze Runner
I actually haven't read this book but the trailer looks really good so I will probably see the movie and I might read the books so we will see.

4. Fifty shades of grey
Ummm ok I haven't read the books because I have heard things but I have seen the trailer and 90 percent of the movie trailer is pretty boring and then BAM it hits you with the dirty ending. Probably won't see this movie because you know...excuses, etc.

5. Insurgent
I follow Ansel Elgort on instagram and he recently posted something about filming the second movie and I am pretty pumped even though the first movie wasn't all I that I wanted to be. That's dramatic. The second book in this series is pretty slow until around the end when it starts to pick up.

6. Mocking jay Part 1
If you have seen the second movie then how are you not excited for this movie!? I don't think I am ready for all the trauma that is going to happen during this movie so I am happy that they are splitting up the sadness in two movies.

7. Paper Towns
When John Green announced on Twitter that Paper Towns will be a movie I was like WOOOHOO but then I was like wait... I haven't read this book. But I plan to read it before the movie comes out. But who doesn't love John Green? He's fantastic and I am excited!

Just a list of books that I wished were movies that I felt like including:
1. The Selection Trilogy by Kiera Cass
2. Entwined by Heather Dixon
3. The Goddess Test books by Aimee Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment